- Hello ,
August is filled with new things at Eschels Financial Group. On Wednesday, August 19th, 2015 we are hosting a Life Insurance and Annuity Workshop combination with Stephen Burns and Ben Pollok, Regional Vice President and Director of Business Development from AIG/American General. It is rare to have both sides of the business present ideas where life insurance and annuities can compliment each other in a client’s retirement plan.
- How to create an income that cannot be outlived in retirement
- Allowing for tax-advantages in retirement income as well as legacy planning
- How do annuities and life insurance really work together on behalf of those in working and retirement years
- Life Isurance You Don’t Have to Die to Use
- Use Value Plus to reopen the 1035 market
Join us from 10am-11am Wednesday, August 19, 2015 for the kick off to our Fall 2015 Workshop series. A light breakfast will be available at 9:45am. And remember: Eschels Financial Group has a new office: 555 South Old Woodward Ave Suite 755 Birmingham, Michigan. Parking is available in the front of the building (with 2 hour meter parking)
Please reserve your seat here:
Looking for our other events in the Fall?
· American Equity Fixed Indexed Annuities with Whitney Gramlich on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 at 10am-11am: American Equity’s first visit to Eschels!
· Protective Life and Annuities with Ross Evans and Andy West on Thursday, September 24, 2015 at 10am-11am: Both life insurance and annuities together.
· Life of the Southwest/National Life Group with Duane Hettlinger and Patrick Ray onThursday, October 1, 2015 at 10am-11am: LSW and National Life’s first visit to Eschels presenting both life insurance and fixed indexed annuity ideas!
Do You Have a Video Library for Your Clients?
Talk with us about your next case; we can prepare ideas and show you a new solution not considered before or in a long time. Do you have a consultant behind the scenes offering the in depth, as needed, partnership for life insurance and annuities in your practice? You do now! Call us!
The stock market can be an uncomfortable place for some clients.
Consider these three recent bull markets*:
- 1997-2000: Up 100% before declining 86%
- 2003-2008: Up 90% before declining 53%
- 2009-2014: Up 142%… where do you think the market will go from here? Now could be a great time to exercise a “correction protection” strategy for your clients by investing in the Protective Indexed Annuity II.
If you have clients nearing retirement who are concerned about another decline, ,help them exercise “correction protection” by taking their gains out of the market and investing it in the Protective Indexed Annuity II. This solution provides protected growth, opportunities for higher returns, and even offers secure retirement income with SecurePay SE, an optional withdrawal benefit.
Contact me now for more information:
Cyndi Stern – Marketing Director
Eschels Financial Group
(248) 644-1144, ext. 110
Is your client’s non-qualified annuity or qualified annuity where it needs to be?
According to Gallup’s 2009 survey of non-qualified annuity owners:
- 81 percent surveyed intend to use their annuity as a financial resource to avoid being a financial burden on children.
- 73 percent surveyed intent to use their annuity as an emergency fund in the case of a catastrophic illness or for nursing home care.
Make sure your clients’ annuities are aligned with their intentions.
The Pension Protection Act (PPA)allows for income tax-free withdrawals from specially designed non-qualified annuities to fund long-term care expenses, regardless of cost basis. By exchanging a current annuity for an annuity that qualifies for the PPA advantages, your clients can be matched with a vehicle that can meet their needs while providing a tax advantage. Of course, before any annuity exchange is made, all factors should be weighed to verify the client’s best interest.
Watch a Training Video on One America’s Long Term Care Annuities
Can we protect a client from loss in a Long Term Care situation without a traditional Long Term Care policy? Yes! Let’s talk about One America. These are a few of our favorite sound-bites:
· “These solutions will not make you rich, they are meant to keep you from being poor” I say this several times every day because it is quite natural for a client and advisor to focus on the cash value growth. It is a good thing that we use interest-sensitive whole life contracts that guarantee a cash value growth, that is not the sole purpose. The sole purpose is to leverage the dollar and continue the benefit if they have a long-term care need.
·“Not only is this portfolio protection for the client, it is portfolio protection for the advisor” This is an important point to make. For many advisors, their business has been built on building client wealth, but many have failed to protect it. Also, with Baby Boomers entering into the years where they will begin to need care, many will spend hundreds of thousands of dollars out of accounts advisors manage.
·“Why pay retail dollar when you can buy it on clearance” This applies to the clients that would self pay. Usually, they feel they have plenty of money, so why buy insurance? This shows them the power of leveraging. Don’t pay retail – dollar for dollar….get a discounted dollar! If they wouldn’t self pay for cancer, or a heart condition, why would they self pay for Alzheimer’s?
· “It’s sort of like having a joint IRA, which of course you can’t do” This is to show the benefit of using Asset Care III. Covering both spouses with one’s retirement dollars is a huge advantage!
·“Your competition isn’t another advisor, your competition are nursing homes. They will easily take hundreds of thousands of dollars away from you and they won’t have to try.” I usually end meetings explaining this because the investment world is changing because Boomers have gone through the “accumulation phase” and they are entering the “distribution phase”. It is up to the advisor to help protect the “distribution phase”. Clients don’t know – what they don’t know….until their advisor tells them.
New Prospecting Tools
Four new prospecting tools, part of the Life Insurance in Retirement Kit, are now available for use and can be downloaded from our website (insert link to kit when available). These materials can help you market to and get in front of more potential clients to discuss how FIUL provides death benefit protection to their loved ones, and how FIUL is one potential solution that can help play an important role in their overall retirement strategy.
And you’ll also find a consumer-approved PowerPoint presentation, Life Insurance in Retirement (PPT-292), you can deliver to your clients in a one-on-one situation or a group setting. Read more.
Strong GUL Product Just Got Stronger
For the past 18 months, Symetra Life Insurance Company has been consistently regarded as a price leader in the guaranteed universal life marketplace. To maintain and strengthen our leadership position, we are pleased to announce some exciting enhancements to our flagship no-lapse-guarantee product.
No change in pricing
- We remain a price leader in the GUL marketplace, with no changes to out pricing or target premium.
New Chronic Illness Plus Rider
- This new, optional rider allows for up to 100% of the death benefit to be accessed if the policyholder is annually certified as being permanently unable to perform at least two of the six activities of daily living or having a severe cognitive impairment.
- When used in conjunction with our inherent Chronic Illness Rider,3,5,6 policyholders may benefit from our Innovative dual solution approach for accessing their death benefit. With the inherent Chronic Illness Rider, they can access a portion of their death benefit in a lump sum to cover upfront expenses and with the Chronic Illness Plus Rider, they can receive a stream of monthly payments of up to 100% of their remaining death benefit. Read more.